Are we related?

Monday, April 11, 2005

Just another Manic Monday...

Well it is monday afternoon...I am an adult who is a non-traditional student at SXU and who has only one more year to finish. I still have another class to go to finish this day and I'm going a little crazy. Choral will last until 6:30pm (or 6:15ish) and then there's a concert I must attend...this means I will be home at approximately 8:30pm and still have homework to do for tomorrow....Unlike my younger class mates, I do not stay up late to finish...I will get up early...which means 5:00 or 6:00am.
Life is strange....who would have thought five years ago that I would be in school getting a college degree? Not I! I worked many different fields and say that I have had many different lives. I have to remind myself that I am older than these kids-I just a big kid at heart and I can get caught up in their fun very easily...After next year it will be back to life as I knew and it can't be too soon. I am constantly poor now and, thankfully, I have a friend that lets me live in her house for free until schools done...I can get a little intense sometimes (although not lately since her sister and friend moved out). The closer I get to graduation the more of a dead-beat I feel like I am. I will be glad to be working a regular job with benefits and (hopefully) a savings.
Ahhh, life as a co-ed...how bazaar for a 46 year old! But I am doing it-and that is that! Homework sucks though. I find it difficult at times to stick to task because it can be very boring...but I want the grades too so homework is a must do. I have two term papers to write before the end of the term and I have not stared them yet....better get busy.
I heard on TV on friday that Rosie O'Donell does a blog...how cool is that ... I would love to find hers and read it sometime...this is new to me though and I haven't quite figured out how to manuever around in here. Oh well...that's what an adventure is all about-right?
Speaking about an adventure...my friends refer to me as Lucy (as in Lucille Ball)...I tell my friend Laurie that she's Ethyl if I'm Lucy...after saturday I've decided her sister is Francis after another of the old Ricky and Lucy TV show...Saturday she came over to the house and asked if I could think of anyway we could get the grill that belongs to her friend over to their new house. I suggested rolling it there (it's only 7 blocks!). So we did...across Kedzie at 103rd and then down side streets...it was the noisiest adventure I've ever taken! Rumbling down the street - banging over every bump...and then people..noticing us would yell or wave their orders for hamburgers or hotdogs...it was quite a trip. At one point when we had stopped to rest, Linda says "isn't it quiet out here?" Yeah, as long as that frickin' grill is stationary. Luckily the police didn't decide to charge us with noice obstruction or something...what a day...only in the life of (me).
Time to go to Chorale so I must sign off...I hope someone decides to read these things...otherwise it is good therapy...Peace out or what ever gets said these days....
Mares...RITOLA_USA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home