Are we related?

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Okay, So Maybe I am Getting Old, BUT.....

So today I was walking through SXU cafeteria. An attractive young woman was ballet dancing (and really wasn't so bad) as she pirouetted infront of her friends. When she took her bow as her friends clapped, a young male idiot yelled, "bend-over again!" I do not believe she heard him but she did bow a second time to her friends to which he yelled something like "Yeah Bitch!" WTF! I, once again, do not believe she heard him but I sure felt like turning around and slapping him. This is just one example of sexual harassment that I think women of all ages should be aware of and not tolerate. Why are women reduced to sexual overtures and innuendos. To tell you the truth, it grosses me out.
Yes, I am a 46 year old divorcee going to college to get a degree. Yes, I have lived through some really intolerable times as a paramedic in my early twenties with guys who felt women did not belong in the fire/emergency response industry. Amazingly, I could out-lift and out-perform emergency skills 9 times out of 10 BETTER than my male counterparts. But the foul mouthed unrepeatable remarks about women still ring in my ears. Now, approximately 25 years later I listen to this shit and wonder will the male species ever get a grip!?!!!
Women are here to stay guys. We can do almost anything you can and many times we do those things better. There are things we do that you cannot do-that's just the way it is. No matter what, though, women are just humans with a couple of different parts from males and do not deserve to be reduced to boobs and ass!
These are just suggestions and pretty damn good ones too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home